CWS School Kit Matching Grant Project
July 7, 2014
Number of School Kits Received:
1,735 as of 7-28-2014
UCC Disaster Ministries Matching Grant Project
Following domestic and international disasters the need to distribute specific material aid is often crucial to the recovery process. UCC Disaster Ministries, Conferences and congregations support these efforts by pre-assembling various types of Church World Service kits that are stored and can be shipped at a moment’s notice. UCC Disaster Ministries was recently notified that stock supplies of CWS School kits were very low due in part to the ongoing situation in Syria.
In an effort to support UCC congregations in restocking these essential kits, UCC Disaster Ministries is offering matching grants totaling up to $50,000 for congregations assembling CWS School Kits. Grants will be awarded at $250/congregation on a first come first serve basis. Congregations are encouraged to engage their local community, businesses, friends and coworkers and to work collaboratively with other nearby congregations in an effort to pull resources and maximize purchasing power.
- UCC Disaster Ministries was recently notified that stock supplies of CWS School kits were very low due in part to the ongoing situation in
- Grants will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. Up to 200 congregations or $50,000 total.
- 100% of Matching Grant funds must be used for processing/shipping cost ($2/Kit) and/or purchasing supplies for the assembly of
CWS School Kits.
- Grant Recipients are required to submit the attached report form within 1 month of project completion.
Questions: Contact UCC Disaster Ministries at 216-736-3211 firstname.lastname@example.org
To assemble a School Kit you will need:
All Kits must be CWS School Kits assembled and processed according to CWS instructions found at:
- One pair of blunt metal scissors (rounded tip)
- Three 70-count spiral notebooks or notebooks totaling 200-210 pages (no loose-leaf or filler paper)
- One 30-centimeter ruler (12")
- One hand-held pencil sharpener
- Six new pencils with erasers
- One box of 24 crayons (only 24)
- One 12" x 14" to 14" x 17" finished size cotton or lightweight canvas bag with cloth handles. (Please, no reusable shopping bags or
backpacks.) (Pattern available at website)
- Pack all items inside the cloth bag.
Mr. Zachary Wolgemuth
Executive for UCC Disaster Ministries
United Church of Christ
700 Prospect Ave
Ms. Diane Dicken
Administrative Assistant, Global Sharing of Resources
700 Prospect Ave.