Other Services and Programs
The Church Building and Loan Fund offers a variety of other services and programs for new and renewing congregations.
These services and programs, include:
Special Mortgage Repayment Incentives
At times, we offer incentive programs to encourage congregations to voluntarily repay special mortgages they hold from Church Building & Loan Fund (or its predecessor organizations). Churches holding a no-interest special mortgage are not required to repay as long as the congregation remains in the United Church of Christ, worships in the property and continues to own it; however, when these mortgages are repaid, the church allows Church Building & Loan Fund to use these dollars to further spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ through new and renewing congregations. Incentive programs may include up to a 25% credit of the principal balance. Contact us to learn more about this program.
The Lease-to-Own Program is designed to assist growing new churches to accumulate funds toward the down payment for the purchase of a building, land site, or new church construction while the church is leasing its current worship and meeting space. Contact us to learn more about this program.
Church Building Professionals Initiative
As a successor to the Fellowship of Architects, the Church Building Professionals Initiative is designed to (1) provide guidance to churches in the selection of quality building professionals for church construction and renovation projects and (2) develop a nationwide database of church building professionals evaluated by their experience with our loan recipients.
The initiative includes:
- A manual for churches on selecting quality building professionals;
- Web-based training on selecting quality building professionals;
- An enhanced application with a section on bidding for quality building professionals;
- An evaluation of performance of the building professionals submitted to us at the end of each church building project; and,
- The cataloging of evaluations made available upon request to our loan applicants.
Contact us to learn more about this program.