A biennial event for UCC Conference Staff hosted by Ministerial Excellence, Support and Authorization- (formerly known as Search and Call)
Download printable flyer
December 4-7th at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana
Tuesday Afternoon- Orientation for new Area/Associate Conference Ministers from 1:00-5pm
Tuesday Evening- Opening Banquet 5:30 pm & introduction to the event
Wednesday Morning- facilitated conversations on Formation and Authorization
- What requirements exist for MIDs?
- How are we living into Ministry Issues?
- What is the local church’s role in formation of MIDs?
- Are we being realistic with MIDs?
- How do our committees work with non-parish MIDs?
Wednesday Afternoon- facilitated conversations on Post-Authorization Issues
- What requirements do we have for authorized ministers?
- How are ministers networking?
- Fitness Review Process
- How do we support, assess and evaluate?
- Retired Clergy
- Sessions with Don Clark and the Collegium
Thursday Morning- facilitated conversations on Search and Call
- Macro-Search and Call
- Staffing Search and Call
- Innovations in Search and Call
- Non-traditional searches
- Changing Role of Interim Ministry
Thursday Afternoon- facilitated conversations on Relationships with Local Churches
- Role of COMs
- Relationships between churches and their pastors
- Financial Relationships between Conferences and Churches
- Programmatic Relationships between Conferences and Churches
- Church Theories
Thursday Evening- free time for conferences to gather / explore New Orleans
Friday Morning- pulling it all together, where do we go from here?
- Reflections from Ecumenical Delegation
- Small group collaboration
- Plenary conclusions
- Closing worship begins at 2:30
- Farewells by 4pm
Saturday – Optional Activities
- Post-Katrina Recovery Service Opportunities
- Back Bay Mission Trip
*agenda subject to change.
When: December 4, 2012 at 1:00pm
Where: 717 Orleans Street
New Orleans, Louisiana
Contact: Holly MillerShank
More Information: http://www.cvent.com/d/vcqsrh/1Q