Every June, human rights and faith organizations join together to mark Torture Awareness Month because on June 26, 1987, the nations of the world took a major step against the immoral and abhorrent practice of torture. On that day, the Convention Against Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CAT for short) entered into force and the United Nations later declared June 26th the “International Day in Support of Victims of Torture.”
Our partners at the National Religious Campaign Against Torture (NRCAT) invite you and your local church to join people of faith throughout the world in commemorating Torture Awareness Month. Check out NRCAT's resources and activity ideas.
If you would like to discuss additional ways for how your local congregation or faith community could mark Torture Awareness Month please call or email T.C. Morrow at 202-547-1920 or email@example.com. They are delighted to assist you with plans and suggestions.WHENJune 01, 2019 at 8am - June 30, 2019 at 8amWHEREEverywhere
This page is not available, please view the following information, or click any of the links in our navigation bar:
- Find Churches Near Me - Progressive, Open and Affirming Denomination.
- Daily Devotional Topics: Daily Scipture Devotional, Devotion For today
- Worship Ways - Daily Inspirational Prayers & Scriptures, Printable Christian Prayers
- Worship Samuel - Sermon Seeds - Free/Printable 15 Minute Sermons, Sermons to Preach
- UCC Ministry Opportunities - Lead & Senior Pastor Jobs, Youth Ministry Jobs and more!
- About United Church of Christ - What We Believe & Statement of Faith